Easter is just around the corner so it’s time to start focusing on your plans and optimising your site ready for the holiday season.
There is a lot of steep competition over Easter and a small gap in your process could cost you a sale. In order to reduce the risk of this happening, ensure that all your processes are optimised beforehand. It’s vital you review and test every step of the customer journey from search visibility through to the thank you pages.
Get Your Marketing Ready Marketing is key for making both new and existing customers aware that you will be participating in the holiday sales and alert them to your offers. Many consumers rely on email newsletters and social media to find out about deals so make sure you are utilising these channels.
There will be a lot of marketing noise throughout the Easter weekend so make sure you go the extra mile to make yours stand out from the crowd!
Check Your SEO Make your website as easy to find as possible to increase your chances of attracting new customers. Not only should you focus on keywords related to Easter sales and your product offering, but also optimise around more general terms, such as Easter Sales 2021. It is a highly competitive keyword, but there’s no harm in trying to get ranked for it!
Check your metadata and update any pages related to your Easter offers so they are relevant and up to date with your offers.
Optimise Your Site Landing Pages
Once you have attracted customers to your site, you need to be able to keep them there. Your landing page needs to be attention-grabbing and informative with clear CTA’s to your offer. Here are some great tips on writing landing page copy that converts.
The customer interface needs to be user-friendly and give potential customers no excuse to turn away. And make sure discounts are clearly visible so that visitors know exactly how much they are saving.
And lastly, manage expectations! If you’re experiencing high volumes of traffic let customers know if there are any delays, or add something visually appealing to look at while they’re waiting for a page to load.
Optimise Your Site Thank You Pages Your thank you pages have the potential to nurture leads and to be one of the highest converting pages on your site, and yet they’re often thrown together as an afterthought. So don’t forget to review these and optimise them for conversions.
Final words of wisdom - Here are my top conversion tips to help you out:
1. Start Planning Now Black Friday is something you should start thinking about today. If you leave things too late, there is a big chance that you could miss out entirely on the boosted business available.
2. Get Customer Service Ready Get your team trained and prepared in advance ready for the increased traffic – satisfied customers can make or break a business!
3. Make Mobile a Priority The majority of shoppers will be using mobile for browsing. The better your site performs for mobile users, the more sales you’re going to make.
4. Get Creative Make sure your site looks like it’s participating in the party! Shoppers are looking for pages offering holiday specials. Let them know immediately upon entering your online shop they’re in the right place.
5. Generate Excitement with a Countdown Timer.
Countdown timers build a sense of urgency and scarcity, both of which have been known to drive conversions.
6. Stock up on Merchandise and Supplies Make sure you’re full stocked!
7. Send Out a Email Newsletter Let your email list know exactly what’s going on and when. Send reminders to make sure they don’t miss your specials.
8. Make it Urgent Black Friday can take on the aura of “get it now before it’s gone.” Fuel that feeling with your countdown clock, your sales copy, your graphics, and in every other way you can.
9. Make Checkout Dead Simple Give your customers plenty of options in how they pay, and make the payment procedure simple. Never ask for more information than you need. Focus on getting the sale.
10. Aim For Customer Loyalty It’s highly likely that many customers will purchase from you for the very first time over the Black Friday period, so it pays to maximise this event and do your best to secure their future business. Do you need help preparing your site for conversions? Get in touch today for an informal chat with one of our website conversion specialists on how we can help.